SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hdmg

Dishwasher noise--any solutions?

hdmg
15 years ago

We just built a house and moved in the beginning of June. We tried to research appliances the best we could and ended up buying a Kenmore dishwasher that was top rated by Consumer Reports as a best buy ($650) a mid range model. We gathered from the report it would be pretty quiet, although not quite as quiet as the Bosch but not as expensive either. This was installed before we moved in. However, we have been very disappointed in that it is not quiet at all. We don't think it is as quiet than a lower end older model we had in our previous home.

My question is... Could the installation have been performed incorrectly? I did notice the bottom of it sticks out an inch or so beyond the top of the machine and the cabinets. My husband is a handy do-it-yourselfer but of course we did not install this machine ourselves as this was a new home. So he is going to check some things. It is supposed to have a quiet package on it. It is very quiet when the water is draining into it at the beginning but the wash cycles are extremely noisy. After two months it has really begun to bug me.

Any recommendations? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Comments (3)