SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindac_gw

So what do you call it?

lindac
15 years ago

When you have more than one car in the household?

Back when there was more than me in the household, we had variously, the Olds, the Audi, the Vette ( meaning Chevette!) the wagon etc....when the kids drove we added Stew's car and Becky's car.

My kids now have driving kids of their own and they have the van and Mom's van, Dad's car ( a Lexus) and the red car ( a BMW).

I have a frugal sweet Dutch neighbor who's late husband bought a cadillac....she keeps it hidden and calls it "the other car" LOL!

I know someone who called his car "The Beemer" and one who calles his Cadillac "the Cad".

There are people who call their vehicle "The blue van" and "The big car" and "the little car".

In early years my DH called the car he drove "The chevy"....and it was!!

I know people who call their car by the model...my inlaws call their Toyota "the Avalon"...heaven forbid you should confuse it with a Corolla!!

I know people who call their Ford "The Taurus".

I know some who say "the new car" until they are ready to trade....and if there is another car, sometimes it gets called by the brand or model....and the older car is still "The new car".

Then there are those who call their car by a name....usually a vintage car. I remember Simba, which wheezed every time it came down the street to pick up my daughter, and Bessie, unglamorous, but reliable.

So....what do you call your car....that is when you aren't kicking the tires and swearing at the gas mileage?

Linda C

Comments (35)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!