SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shaxhome

Computer Won't Start!!

When I turn on my computer, it goes all the way to "Windows Starting Up', then cuts to a dark blue screen telling me "Inaccessible Boot Device", and to try reboot and if that doesn't work, check for viruses, run CHDSK /F etc. I'd dearly love to run Malwarebytes, I can't do that unless the computer is on!

About 20 reboots haven't worked, and tapping F8 during startup does nothing. Pressing Shift/Tab gives me the options of:

local drive boot

try local drive boot first, then network

try network first, then local drives

boot according to BIOS setting

I have tried all 4 options several times each, but all lead back to the dreaded blue "stop" page.

I had earlier in the day followed a Secunia warning to install a Microsoft Updates update(!), which I did, as it was a direct link from the Secunia site, and Scotty didn't bark and WOT didn't appear. Now this...

One thing I did notice, was that during all the aborted startups, there is a flash of a page I've never seen before..."CORECELL EXTREME CHIP you've ever needed. MSI Micro Star International."

Is it time to take my computer fishing and use it as an anchor (without the rope), or can any of you good people offer help please ?

Yours in desperation,

Shax

Comments (6)