SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerry_nj

Firefox 3.6.16 Secruity Problem

jerry_nj
13 years ago

I have been unable to enable a needed web site. I have used Firefox Tools:Options:Security and clicked on the "Exceptions" and added the web site using a cut-and-paste

https://www.accountsonline.com/+a lot more stuff.

After the paste the list shows only

https://www.accountsonline.com or the "core" part or name of the web site.

Firefox still blocks popups and other needed interactions

Suggestions?

Thanks

Comments (5)

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    13 years ago

do you happen to have the ad block plus add on with easylist? if you it is likely blocking you, you can alter the setting for each site by clicking on the blue down arrow next to the red ABP stop sign icon on your firefox top bar or down on the bottom bar right click on the stop sign

• not2bright
    13 years ago

Sometimes the NoScript extension will cause these issues, too.

• jerry_nj
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, I'm not familiar with "easylist" or the "Stop Sign". I recall in the past being offered a chance to select action beyond Allow, which causes the page to reset/transmit. In the subject case that means I have to login/password again. In the past I recall being given the choice of "allow once" "allow always", "block" that's what I recall in any case. These choices didn't come up, just an allow or ignore. Ignoring works as long as I don't need any interactions, such as using an EFT and looking for a confirmation. This site used to work so I assume the difference is something in a recent issue of Firefox.

I typically do not install "add ons", that may be related.

• jerry_nj
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I tried Explorer and had no problems accessing the site.

Checking further I see the problem (first problem) is Firefox doesn't allow the page to be redirected. That seems like a good idea, but in this case it causes further loss of functionality.

I looked up the web site URL, I had been using one stored for years in "bookmarks". It was different, and is:
    creditcards.citi.com Using that on Firefox resulted in the same problem with a page redirect no being allowed by Firefox.

• pfmastin
    13 years ago

This might be way too obvious and probably wrong :) but can you access it with Explorer, copy the correct address and paste it in FF for a successful connect?