SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swesna

grout issues and advice on grouting tub surround...

swesna
13 years ago

or maybe cleanup issue. I finished installing the tile floor and did the grout last night. I used the non-epoxy grout from HD.

This is the second time I have done a tile floor and the second time I have grout discoloration. I am thinking I left too much water in the sponge when I was doing the first clean-up after 20 mins.

Today I washed the tile/grout with 50/50 vinegar/water mix. It is not instead of the darker brown it should have been mostly like a gray. Which actually does not look too bad...now I would like to have the darker spots lightened. But overall...the floor tile looks pretty good.

Now my fear is I still have to do the tub surround. This is a bigger area and vertical.

What kind of advice does anyone have on me doing this...I am not doing great with grout, at least the two times I have done it.

Also, should I use epoxy? I do not care about price I am more concerned about the end result. Well I do care about price a little or else I would hire an expert instead of struggling through this bathroom reno.

Thanks,

Steve

Comments (2)