SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pennypond_gw

Tub inside the wetroom/shower area - good idea or not?

I tried to search the topic, but I guess I'm search challenged.

We want to remodel the master bathroom to have a tug big and deep enough for DH (6', 190) to use. A Google search led us to a wonderful big tub showroom in Fremont. The showroom visit was very helpful, but that's another story. The same "deep tub" search trip also led us to the Kabuki Hotel in Japantown in San Francisco.

Not a fancy hotel but the bathroom layout was wonderful, fully incorporating the Japanese "scrubbing before soaking" concept. It had a tub inside the shower area. Although the shower area seemed smallish but we didn't feel it confining, instead, we found it very functional.

Last night we flipped through a book "Japan Houses: Ideas for 21st Century Living". In the book there are about 2 dozen beautiful modern houses, each comes with photos and layout plans. I was totally surprised to see that each house has a tub inside the wet room/shower room.

How do you like the idea to have a tub inside the somewhat enclosed shower area? Whether it's Japanese or not, I'm very fascinated by it. What's your thought?

I'll try to send a picture later. It's on my phone but I don't know how to upload it here.

Comments (8)