SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

my latest finds from antique mall

Purplemoon
13 years ago

I had a very successful shopping trip to the antique mall yesterday. Not only was it great to get out of the house and have fun after such a long time of "not", but to come

home with so many special things sure made my day!

I couldn't believe how many sellers had Nutcrackers displayed, I've never seen so many in fact. I bet there were 100. Its a wonder I only came home with 3. LOL.

One was fairly large, around 26" high. I have another one that size, so its nice to have two now. Both are on my hearth in family-room. Here's the new one, along with two 15" ones....love the wizard, he's wearing purple! ;o) (his actual title on the box is the Earl of Kenstyton! Fancy guy, and a "collectors item" apparently, so a bit more pricey. I had to think it over a bit, but really did want him. He was on sale, for $27. The blue Nutcracker was only $7 on sale in another booth. The first two are same

size by the way.

{{gwi:1466257}}

{{gwi:1466259}}

This is the tall one...

{{gwi:1466261}}

Then I got the Lenox "Polar Magic" Santa, for $20. He's one I've definitely wanted to add to my Lenox-Mikasa collection!

{{gwi:1466262}}

I don't normally buy Snowmen, but this S&P set was just too adorable for even me to resist. They are by Blue Sky Clayworks,$8. And the little Santa boot candle-holder

with the cardinal was $3.

{{gwi:1466263}}

But I think I might be most thrilled at this light purple hurricane. Its 22" high!!! The glass is that sort of crackled 'n bubbly stuff. The price was $13, which I couldn't believe.

{{gwi:1466264}}

So while yesterday was a lot of fun, today my legs are really griping about all that walking. It takes 2 full hours to go thru every seller's booth, that place is just huge! (my legs seem to think I should STAY in bed, and I think they should GO where my feet take them.)

I am STILL not done decorating either. The last 3 days I wasn't able to do much. Today I finished sorting the stuff I'm definitely not using. and got it all repacked and stored. :o( I can't believe how much is once again put away! Now I just have to try and finish up the living-room,

and see how much that I left out I'll be using. (tho most is boxes of ornaments and picks, and bead garland. So nothing big left. I did get the lighted garland on my living-room mantel tonight at least. I just have to finish by adding 'goodies' to it. And the 3 table trees.

Tomorrow!

I'm done, and done in at the moment.

hugs, Karen

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH
More Discussions