SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
biondanonima_gw

Pedestal sink vs. vanity cab - ladies, where do you store...

biondanonima
16 years ago

...your girl stuff?

I am trying to decide between a pedestal sink or vanity cabinet for my bathroom and I am torn between the love for the pedestal and the need for storage space. I am particularly concerned about storage for my girl products, since I like them to be out of sight but accessible from a seated position. Anyway, if you have a pedestal, where do you store such niceties?

Here are a couple of pics of the area in question:

I have 9' high ceilings, so theoretically I could put in cabinets and shelves above the toilet/sink area to add storage (like in this sketch):

Also, that white metal hamper thing underneath the blond wood medicine cabinet will be ripped out, but I assume I could still use that recessed space for storage (although I don't know how "recessed" it will be once they demo that 1 1/2" of cement that's built out from the wall). I don't know what type of door I'd put on it, though. Honestly, if the hamper weren't so nasty and covered with a million layers of old paint, I might keep it and have it reinstalled. Has anyone tried to clean up something like that?

Obviously, my bathroom is very narrow and I think the pedestal would open up the space considerably. If you have a pedestal, do you have any sort of baskets, shelves, boxes or anything underneath to keep things hidden? Any advice or suggestions would be very much appreciated!!!!!!

Comments (10)