SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ontariomom

Anyone put two faucets on one sink to provide drinking water?

ontariomom
9 years ago

Hi everyone,

In our city most people including us have a water softener as the water is very hard. The non softened water is great tasting, but the softened water does not quench your thirst at all (tastes bad). Ideally, I would like to run both softened cold and untreated cold/hot up to our ensuite upstairs so we can get a drink of water upstairs without having to go down to the kitchen. Our house is currently down to studs so running the lines is so real big deal (plus DH is doing the plumbing rough-in so no labour costs either - just materials). I can see two options worth considering::

a)Run untreated cold water/treated hot to the bath sink and allow the sink and faucet to accept the increased wear and tear from untreated cold water.

b)Run both untreated cold and treated cold (plus treated hot) to the sink and have two faucets.

I would be tempted to do option b), but can't say I have seen a sink with two faucets? Is this done at all? Any suggestions as to how to make it look okay? Or is plan a) the best option.

Carol

Comments (12)