SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marisany

Please help with paint color (photos) - xposted with HD

marisany
15 years ago

We are in mid-renovation, and I have decided that I don't like the paint color. The shower area is tiled in off-white, with a beige detail strip (shown before grouting):

The floor and shower floor are Durango limestone. I had the walls painted BM Everlasting, a great color - same strip as the popular Stone House, but I don't like it here. The room looks blah. The floor and walls look like they are the same color (this does not come through in the photos). This is a good photo of the walls:

At the suggestion of kgwlisa, I looked for paint in the color of the deepest part of the deco tiles. I came up with BM Acorn Yellow. Here is a large sample in the bathroom; I think it is too dark:

I went back and got samples of Yellow Squash, the next lighter color in the Acorn Yellow strip, and Squire Hill Buff, similar but more taupe-y (but not as taupe-y as Everlasting). Here they all are, from left to right, Yellow Squash, Acorn Yellow, Squire Hill Buff, with Everlasting on the walls:

I would appreciate advice! The toilet and sink will be white, and the hardware polished nickel.

Comments (9)