SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
faith__gw

Berta, Bosch vs. Miele, IKEA! Feedback on New Appliances?

Faith_
11 years ago

Hi! My husband and I are in the middle of renovating and adding on to a fixer-upper and therefore are buying an entire kitchen's worth of appliances all at once. I have scoured the boards here for advice (thank you all!! You provide such an amazing resource and community).

This is my first round of kitchen appliance buying ever. We're moving from a rental and so having ANYTHING new sounds like pure luxury. (Oh, and I'm a food writer and recipe developer, so, again - having a new kitchen will just be dreamy.) We are trying to spend under $6000 for everything.

Could I impose on you all and ask for feedback on these appliances? Any thoughts on how they have worked for you? Any better choices that you can see?

⢠Stove: Bertazzoni 36" 5-burner slide-in range

⢠Hood: Zephyr Europa (on closeout)

⢠Oven(s): FRAMTID double oven from IKEA/Whirlpool

⢠Fridge: Fisher-Paykel bottom freezer OR Whirlpool Gold bottom freezer

⢠Dishwasher: Miele Classic OR Bosch 800 Plus

I'm especially interested in feedback on dishwashers - I've had my heart set on a Miele for years, and I am wary of the low-end Boschs (friends have had disastrous experiences with them). But apparently this Bosch is one of the only models made in Germany and the salesman at one store has been really pushing it to us.

Thank you a million for any help or advice! I so appreciate it.

Comments (5)