SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seanzed

Bathtub issue!

seanzed
16 years ago

Any help with respect to the following would be greatly appreciated!

My furnace room is directly below the bathroom. It is now the summer time and the air conditioning is operating. The ceiling is unfinished in the furnace room for obvious reasons and if you look closely through the pipes you can see the bathtub basin and piping.

Lately I've noticed after taking a long hot steamy shower ive been getting "droplets" of water on my furnace room floor creating a small puddle. After inspecting and working by process of elimination, I noticed this morning that there are in fact droplets of water along the side of the tub when I look up through the ceiling.

I checked the bathtub caulking which was redone in December 2006 and everything appears in tact. We moved into the house in December 2006 and dont recall there being a problem before this week.

If my caulking is in tact, what can I do? Noteworthy, the corner are not caulked and are just grouted as is the case with the other tiles in the tub.

Is the cold air around the open ceiling combined with the hot water from the tub creating condensation? Is the steam penetrating the grout in the tiles?

Any help would be appreciated!

Sean

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths