SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shoos_gw

Jacuzzi bathtub MAJOR issues

Shoos
12 years ago

I guess I'll start from the beginning with all the details. I'm really hoping someone in these forums can help me :-) I have a Jacuzzi brand jetted tub in my bathroom. When we moved in our house had just been built and there was construction dust everywhere, we cleaned everything but it took almost a year before we stopped seeing the dust in the filters in the vents.

My husband has a bad back and uses the tub almost daily. After about 3 weeks of use, we started to see this orange-y film around the water line of the tub. I've seen other forums that took about black flakes coming out of the jets, but that is not what this was at all. I cleaned it using a bathroom cleaner with bleach and it went away, but with the next bath it was back. So we did some reading and did a full bath of bleach and cascade and let it run for a bit, then emptied, refilled to rinse and ran it again. It remained clean for another couple of weeks and then the orange stuff was back.....we do occasionally use bath bombs in the tub and soap both of which jacuzzi said was ok to use.

So the stain came back for the umpteenth time, and we decided to open up the filter when we opened it up it was covered in this orange stuff!! It was gross! I actually took pictures to post, but don't see the option. I clean the tub regularly, and we just cannot figure out what this stuff is, but I would LOVE to get rid of it for good.

Any help would be incredibly appreciated :-) thanks in advance!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath