SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jos14h

Air tub vs whirlpool Jacuzzi brand Capella

jos14h
14 years ago

My Jacuzzi corner whirlpool (Capella) has a slow leak. It is encased in tile and therefore the whole tub needs to be pulled out and replaced since they cannot get to the back jets to replace them.

I have had no issues with the functioning of the whirlpool and have thoroughly enjoyed it for 11 years.

The plumber mentioned the Jacuzzi air tub. He said it is much less maintainence, can be serviced from the access door only (i.e. would not need to pull the entire tube in future since their are no jets to leak)and gives a better message.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Capella Air tub by Jacuzzie? Any problems with this brand of air tub? The plumber said this brand and tub would be the least costly to replace my old tub with since the specs and dimensions are the same vs going with a different brand and having to demo the tile etc...

Is it true that they are less costly and easier to repair?

I do like the whirlpool jet action; will I still get some message effect with the air tub?

I would simply replace the tub with the whirlpool but I don't want to go through this same nightmare in 10 years again of having to pull the entire tub to fix a leak at a jet.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks for you time,

JM

Comment

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH