SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aaron2005_gw

Tub issue...looking for any help

aaron2005
16 years ago

The original tub I removed from a 2nd floor bathroom was 60"x30"x14"...which means all the plubing is 15" from the studs (to be 1/2 way of 30"). The new tub I am looking at is the Toto 1525LP (60x32x16), which means I would have to move the plumbing over another 1" (to make it 16" from the wall).

The problem: I really really don't want to cut into the ceiling below to move the plumbing an 1". However, I do recognize that the Toto is a solid choice for a tub.

Option 1: Cut into the ceiling from the 1st floor, and move the plumbing. And given the way the joists run, I would have to make the holes in them a little larger..which adds to the fun.

Option 2: Look for a tub that is just as good as the Toto, but has a 30" width, with a 16" height.

This isn't our Master bath and we are trying to stay on budget. I choose the Toto based upon reading the forums here and really am looking for a 16" height tub. I am willing to move the overflow PVC as that doesn't require cutting into the ceiling of the 1st floor.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Aaron

Comment