SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chas045

MS Word pg numbering with Sections?

chas045
11 years ago

I help my wife with her church newsletter. I am more familiar with older versions of word and windows but am now using word 2007 and windows 7. I am afraid my problem may be exotic because I believe I found the 'help' that was supposed to work, but it didn't.

I actually took over the formatting of this newsletter and changed a couple of things but don't necessarily know how Everything was originally set up. The letter has three (or perhaps 4) sections. They were apparently needed because the first page uses two text boxes and a header; then the next several pages are two column formatted and the last section is a one page calendar from Word. If I try to remove the 3rd section break, the text pours over or under the calendar page.

I thought I had succeeded with numbering the pages (starting with page 2 because there was little room on page one). However, many newsletters later, we realized that the calendar page always seemed to be numbered pg 3 (not pg 1 either!) rather than for this month, pg 7. Just before beginning this question, I read some more about my issue and thought if I deleted all page numbers I might either get immediately lucky and have a renumbering work ok to the end (it didn't) OR link one section to the next (I didn't know about that before). Linking didn't seem to do anything but the sections may already have been linked because when I removed the number 3 on the calendar page, all the other numbers disappeared too. The renumbering numbered all pages (except pg1) and immediately renumbered the calendar pg3 again. the link to next section again did nothing.

Does anyone know what I am missing?

Comment (1)