SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cj47_gw

My vintage Kitchen Aid Food Processor...waaah!

cj47
12 years ago

After 30 years of use, the work bowl on my Kitchen Aid KFP700 has broken beyond repair. The motor still sounds good, which is no surprise. It's labeled Hobart, made in France, and it weighs absolutely a ton! I acquired it in the early 80s.

Replacement parts for this machine are, of course, no longer available, but I can get a new bowl and top that will fit this machine, made by Robot Coup for about $125 shipped. My husband thinks I should just get a whole new machine, and that spending that kind of money to continue using a 30 year old motor is nuts. I'm torn between being dazzled by the new machines--like a new Magimix, (ironic, as this is also Robot Coup product) and the thought that I could frugally refit my faithful old machine with a new top for about a third of the price of a whole new machine.

I could also buy a whole new KFP700 on Ebay for about the same price as the replacement bowl and top--but I'm not keen on buying 30 year old plastic parts, as they might be brittle after all these years.

What say you, Gardenweb friends? Any insight?

Thanks,

Cj

Comments (13)