SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smaloney_gw

Skirted toilets - more prone to clogs?

smaloney
11 years ago

I mostly frequent the GW kitchens forum but find myself suddenly in need of replacing a toilet. I have read enough to be totally confused, as it seems a lot of models have huge fans and equally vehement detractors. I have 2 tall boys so avoiding clogs and cleanliness are my top two priorities. I'm trying to choose among Toto models although the fancy pants hardware store nearby just tried to sell my on some very pretty Porcher toilets that are just too rich for my blood.

After pouring thru the internet I really wanted a one-piece skirted model and was looking at the Carlyle or Soiree or even Nexus (having read a deadly review of the Guinevere here.) But the working-man plumbing store I just visited steered me away from anything skirted on the grounds that they are more likely to clog. I hadn't read that here or elsewhere and the fancy store didn't seem to agree. But I wonder what the wise people of Gardenweb have to say? Can anyone steer me toward a good, easy to clean model that will see a lot of boy abuse? Thank you!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living