SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindybarts_gw

Can we talk toilets?

lindybarts
15 years ago

So I'm getting ready to submit our one year warranty list to our builder. (I can't even believe it's been a year already) We really dislike our toilets. They are all Kohler but different styles. The two that seem to be the most problematic are the Kohler Wellworth and the Kohler Serif. The Wellworth has backed up on us at least half a dozen times and one time was particularily nasty. It wouldn't clear despite our best efforts with the plunger. We finally had to have the plumber come out and fix it. When he was here, he just said these toilets are good quality but the design on them makes them prone to clogging. He recommended just holding down the handle longer to try and get more water to push it down.

Here are my questions. Do you think we should try and get them replaced within this warranty period? I'm worried about ripping them out, especially the one that is installed on hardwood. Does anyone have a toilet they recommend? I always hear good things about the Toto products. I have a feeling the builder won't cover this. What would you do?

Lindy

Comments (25)