SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tabbaldwin

Question: whole house audio for dummies, part II

tracey_b
13 years ago

Okay, so thanks to this very helpful forum, the proper wiring is in, and I've received my controller/amp, wall controls, and speakers--just waiting for install any time now. We're several weeks from moving in, and now I'm thinking about using the whole house audio.....and here's my newest set of questions.......

For my music sources: David suggests the Squeezebox Duet and someone else has suggested the Sonos ZP90, both I think about the same price. These would allow me to access internet radio and music stored on the computer, too (I think?). This would count as one of my 6 allowed sources of music.

What else should I, or could I, use? My old stereo receiver? CD player?

What's hooked up to yours--anyone?

When you want to listen to a source, you have to manually turn on the source, right? And then you choose it from the wall control but can only then adjust the volume. I have to choose my station at the source, right?

Anything beyond turning on the room's audio, selecting a source (but this doesn't mean turning on the source, right?), and adjusting volume is done at the source? Just trying to make sure I understand it all.

If you tend to leave the music on all day, would it be better to buy a newer receiver (any inexpensive recommendations?) that is more energy efficient or use a 20-yr-old receiver from the old stereo system?

Thanks!!!

Comments (18)