SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenwebber

Window treatment /wall color advice needed, part II

gardenwebber
15 years ago

My window treatment/wall color saga continues. I've nailed down my layout, and now I am having trouble deciding on my wall color and window treatments. Here is some info on my room:

Family room, "farmhouse" style home, have three windows in this room to treat, all are different sizes/styles. Here is a diagram to give you the proportions:

{{!gwi}}

The single-hung window with the shorter top pane faces the front of the house and is at the right of our layout diagram, the casement style w/fixed middle pane faces the backyard and is to the left in our layout diagram. Smaller double hung faces backyard.

Here is our furniture layout/room size:

{{!gwi}}

Here a pic of one chair from our set:

{{!gwi}}

I was originally thinking of recycling some drapes with lace panels behind them for the room, but after considering some advice I've gotten here (too formal, too busy), I want to explore some new ideas. That is why I am starting yet another thread.

Some of my personal tastes:

I am a fan of lace

I desire privacy at night

I would like something that looks nice from the outside of the house as well as inside. (I love how lace looks in a window from the outside of a house, but am open to other ideas!)

Someone recommended woven wood shades in another post and I am considering that.

Here is a pic of my carpet choice along with the cranberry drapes and linen lace panels I was thinking about recycling, just FYI:

{{!gwi}}

Thank you in advance for your advice (and your patience with my multiple posts!)

Comments (14)