SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seaglass7_gw

Shower Bench/Frameless Door Install Question

seaglass7
15 years ago

I can't believe I've made it to the Bath Forum---my kichen cabinets are delayed so we're destroying (oops-demolishing) the bath much sooner than anticipated.

The new bath will have a shower stall spanning the far wall with a bench seat at one end. On the advice of the tile folks, we're going to top the bench with a slab of granite and use a granite saddle for the shower curb. Here's where I get conflicting advice. One tile installer says the frameless shower doors can be set directly on the end of the bench seat, and the other installer advises us to build a half wall next to the bench seat to set the frameless doors on. For a variety of aesthetic reasons I'd prefer to set the glass directly on the bench. Other than aesthetics, is there any reason to favor one approach over the other?

I've actually seen pictures of it done both ways. Just want to make certain I'm not setting myself up for some unknown problem.

Thanks everyone---and I've already learned lots about bathrooms from all of your experience here!

Comments (4)