SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swimkin

How much interior home design do architects typically do?

Zoe52
16 years ago

I am just curious as our architect said he will do design on our home for anything that is nailed down. Not sure if that includes wall paper, but it doesn't include the furnishings.

I have never built a home before much less a custom home. But we did remodel 2/3 of our current home about 10 years back. After it was all said and done, it probably would have been easier just to build a new home- but I just loved my lot and this neighborhood.

During our remodel our architect designed the spaces and exterior, but he did not really get into the interior design or even the kitchen arrangements. We hired a kitchen and bath guy and also an interior designer to do that instead. And we hired the GC after having the architect review his credentials.

I actually prefer having my architect involved in more of the home design especially since I really like him and what he has done so far, but wondered if this was customary.

For the record we have hired our architect first and plan on hiring our GC in the next phase of our project.

Comments (3)