SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
johnny_moore79

Navy blue paint throughout interior house...How much is too much?

Johnny Moore
5 years ago
Fell in love with SW's Salty Dog paint color which is a gorgeous navy blue color. I am currently repainting my entire interior and have already done my kitchen and dining room in the Salty Dog color. I have also bought SW's paint in Pure White and Gray Screen. Where and how should I use those colors in the other rooms? I have a chair rail and crown molding throughout most of the rest of the house that will be a bright white trim color. Should I use two colors for the upper and lower walls? White on bottom, Gray on top? Or vice versa?

Also, I was planning on painting the back family room in the navy color (as seen in pic included, it's currently maroon). The issue is that the ceiling in that room currently has dark wood panels and cross beams with skylights. Would the dark ceiling get lost amidst the dark walls? Should I keep the beams dark brown or change the color to make them pop?

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thanks so much!!

Also, please forgive the mess in the pics I've included. Obviously I'm in the midst of a redecorating tornado, lol. I'm also in the process of installing picture frame molding on either side of the fireplace- the left side is already done, but the right side has a gnarly vent that's causing me some problems with measuring for the molding.

Any ideas or Thoughts on updating my current furnishings and style (or lack thereof) to go with the new color scheme would be awesome as well!!

Comments (13)