SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thirdfrt

Removal Of Program Question.

thirdfrt
14 years ago

I downloaded a program onto my computer about 2 weeks ago for my taxes and after looking at it I didn't like it so I removed the program and returned the product. The program was removed successfully but I got to thinking hey what about intuit? So I did a search and I found 17 files of intuit related to the tax software. I am wondering why the removal didn't get rid of intuit?

A few of the files has intuit on them and the name of the tax program and then there are a few text documents separate.

I will type these and put them here for you to look at. I don't see why I need these and would like to remove them, but I am not about to do that without your expertise first.

1. intuit Folder. In Folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data. Folders: Common\ then name of tax program. Size: 5.48MB

2. In Folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data. Folders: name of tax program.

Size: 1.47MB

3. In Folder C:\Documents and Settings\my name\Local Settings\ Application Data. Size: 0 bytes, Folder Common.

4. intuit Folder: C:\Documents and Settings\my name\Local Settings\Temp Size: 3.49kb Folders: Update Service

5. intuit.spc.map.features.windows firewallLog

In Folder: C:\Documents and Settings\my name\Local Settings\Temp. 32KB text document

6. intuit updater metrix log C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application Data\intuit\Common\Metrix\v1\Logs 8KB Text Document.

7. In Folder: C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application. Data\intuit\common\metrix\v1\Logs

Type: Text Document Size 14KB

8. intuit updater Quick Base Client Log. In Folder: C:\Documents and settings\All users\Application Data\intuit\common\Quickbaseclient\v5\Logs. 2KB Text Document

9. intuit updater.exe In Folder: C:\Documents and settings\All uses\Application. Data\intuit\common\update service\v2\Logs. Type: Text Document Size: 4.45KB

10. intuit update service.exe C:\Documents and Settings\All uses\Application\Data\intuit\common\update service\v2\Logs\v2\Logs Text Document Size:21.1 KB Date Modified 3/1/2010

11. intuitqb_1 C:\Documents and Settings\my name\Application Data\intuit\tax\09\premier\import

Type: bitmap image Size: 5.65KB

12. intuitab_ 2 C:\Documents and Settings\my name\Application Data\intuit\tax\09\premier\import

Type: bitmap image Size: 682 bytes

13. intuit c:\Program Files\Common files. File Folder

14. intuit update service metrixLog C:\Documents and settings\All users\Application Data\intuit\common\metrix\v1\Logs Text Document Size: 14.0KB

15. hpqd_printUITTemplatePriority.dll C:\Program Files\HP\digital imaging\data\PrintUIData

Application extension.

16. PrintUIT TemplatePriority C:\Program Files\HP\digital imaging\data\PrintUIData

xml document 4.95KB

17. intuitqb_1 C:\Documents and Settings\My first name\Recent

2KB shortcut

Well that's it, can I delete all of these? If not which ones do I leave alone?

Thanks a Bunch for your help.

thirdfrt!!!

Comments (5)