SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
l_i_t

Dishwasher choice for small household (2 adults)

10 years ago

We just built a house and bought a bosch ascenta dishwasher (our previous was a bosch, but about 20 years old). Our problem is that it doesn't seem to get much clean.... For instance, after washing, we will still find 'sticky' things on our dishes or utensils....only after the wash, it's just dried sticky. We usually scrape and do a lite rinse before putting our items in, but it seems that now we pretty much have to fully wash our dishes in the sink in order for them to come out clean in the dishwasher. We have checked all the pumps, sprayers, etc, water pressure, drain function, and found nothing. We use finish tablets (have even used one in the dispenser and one resting on the top rack...but to no avail)

The other part that really bothers us is that our dishwasher always seems to be 'wet' and will actually grow mildew. That takes a LOT of work, as we live in the desert ;-)

Some of the problem may be because our house is only two people big - and we wash dishes about once or twice a week - no pots, a few ceramics, and mostly melamine and glass dishes, tupperware, and utensils. So things may get dried on, and consequently difficult to get off. And not a lot to retain heat to help the drying process. We are not the 'typical' family.

Sooooooooooo.......we, who are used to the super cleaning ability of dishwashers from the past, are ready to trade in our energy efficient 5mo old bosch, for something that will better suit our needs - aka, just get our dishes clean. Noise doesn't matter too much, and energy efficiency isn't paramount since we really don't wash often - and washing twice or thrice doesn't seem to be very efficient to me.

Does anyone have suggestions. I've read so many comments and reviews, but am really thinking that we might need suggestions from people with washing frequency and habits like ours. Thank you so much in advance!!!!!

Liz

Comments (9)