SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
getitdone_gw

? about adding a 2nd dishwasher

getitdone
16 years ago

We are getting close to finalizing our layout. I have been paying close attention to how we are currently using our kitchen and what I like and don't like about it. I also have a daughter who has recently been diagnosed with several food allergies so I find myself cooking and baking quite a bit more than in the past. That will continue as I want the family to continue down the path of more healthy eating. So the problem is I have a constant pile of hand washed pots/pans/cooking stuff next to the sink. I hate the washing and I hate the mess. It occurred to me that the solution could be a second dishwasher. Luckily we can just fit it into the budget and space. My husband thinks it is a bit strange, I think from reading here that lots of people do this.

If you have this setup, are you glad you did this? do you have 2 regular dishwashers? 1 regular and 1 set of dish drawers? Or just a regular and 1 dish drawer. I have already purchased our dishwasher, if I decide to go with 2 do you think it needs to be the same? (this may be the chance to get the Miele I didn't get the first time around)

I would likely have to place one of each side of my main sink. Do you think this setup would work? Also, we will have just one sink - big, rectangular. There are 2 adults and 2 kids in family, we entertain a decent amount.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Comments (19)