SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ginabee_gw

Kohler Devonshire whirlpool vs. Bancroft soaking?

16 years ago

We have a very modest budget for a bathroom renovation including about $400 for a tub. (This bath is currently our only bathroom, but in the next few years we'll be creating a master bathroom and it will be a secondary bath for kids/guests. Also we are just wrapping up a full house rewiring and embarking on a kitchen renovation - don't ask about my sanity! - so on the priority list the bath is falling last.)

I have been looking at the Kohler Devonshire and Bancroft models which Home Depot carries for roughly $400 each. I have an opportunity to buy a brand new, in-box Devonshire whirlpool model, however, on Craigslist for $550 - or less if I can talk them down.

We probably wouldn't use the whirlpool that often, maybe once a month. It would be nice to have. But we primarily shower.

I've been reading that the Devonshire has armrests which cuts down on standing room while showering; would you give up that room and pay an extra $100-150 to get a whirlpool if you were in my shoes?

I saw the Devonshire model at HD but wasn't able to stand/sit in it. I'm out of town and need to make a decision this week, so any comments would be appreciated! Thanks for your insight!

Comment