SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janofmn

Bathroom decorating ideas needed

janofmn
16 years ago

I'll try and make a long story short:)

It all started with a nasty mold problem in the master bath, behind the shower tiles. We decided to use RE-BATH to fix that problem, so why not update the bath at the same time, right? I LOVE my new bath, replaced the cheap vinyl floor with lovely ceramic tiles. Added a taller and larger vanity which meant a new solid surface sink..which I also love.I added new everything since the house is almost 18 years old and never been renovated.

With all that reno, I wanted to put cermaic floor tile in the main bath. When the toilet was remove we discovered there was another nasty mold problem growing under the vinyl and on the bath wall :( from an undetected water leak. The bad sub floor will be replaced.

What was going to be just a new floor has resulted in a big reno. We can't afford to put as much cash into this bath remodel. We decided on replacing the tile walls with a bath surround resembling 6X6 tiles, all in white. I have a new shower curtain in white with small burgandy roses embroidered on it.

Since this bath will be the 'economy' remodel, I would like some ideas to make it feel more spa like and not look so cheap. The tile for the ceramic floor is a shade of green slate. The vanity top reminds me of tan Cream of Wheat and the wood in there is sort of a cinnamon tone. I have a new brushed nickel faucet and matching light and towel bar.

What accessories can I use to make this bath POP? I am open to some great ideas:)

Thanks to all, Jan

Comment (1)