SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amyks_gw

Some police action at our build last weekend

amyks
16 years ago

I'm glad our future neighbors (who all seem very nice, we feel we are already getting to know them since we are down at the site so much!) are on the ball. My neighbor was watching tv last weekend and she noticed a strange car creeping up the road (we are at the end of a culdesac). She said they turned out the lights, and someone got out and went up our driveway then turned the flashlight on. They were going all through the house, she could see the flashlight, and she called 911. As she was on the phone with the 911 operator, the person opened one of the windows in the guest room over our garage and climbed out on THE ROOF!! She said she told the operator that she was quite certain it was not the owners of the house. At 11:30 pm! On the roof of the house.....

So a police officer came out and got them out of there, searched their car and went through our house for about an hour to make sure nothing had been vandelized or stolen. Everything was fine, and I didn't hear about it until yesterday. I told my builder, and it was news to him, too.

I thanked her profusely. Glad nothing was taken, and really glad nobody got hurt. Probably a bunch of kids. I hope.

Amy

Comments (23)