SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peteley

Floor plan review... Please

peteley
11 years ago

I've been reading on here for months and this is my first time posting. I would really appreciate your comments regarding our floor plan. Our house goal is to keep the house easy to build, functional, and low maintenance, so we're avoiding any bump outs or roof lines. We live in small community in MN and have two girls (ages 5 and 8). We�re building on 40 acres that has a southern exposure. We're planning on ICF construction. Our supplier indicated the footprint should account for the extra 6 inches (34'6" x 46'6" to avoid having to cut a block). We plan to have a walkout basement, exposed on the South and East, the kids� bedrooms will be in the lower level. We�ll have a 10ft covered porch on the entire West side of the house. The floor plan doesn�t currently have windows indicated but we�d like to incorporate a passive solar design and would love any recommendations. We plan to retire in this home so we�ll have 36" doors and aren�t concerned about resale. We�re not sure about the layout of the bathroom. I don't have access to floor plan software so I apologize for the rough hand drawing.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz