SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mellyc123

Round house floor plan review please

mellyc123
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

This floor plan is 2070 sq ft.

As you can see this is a "rough" sketch. We have about half as much furniture as shown and have no plans to change that.

Family of 4, 2 teenage boys at home.

Views are on the side that says deck.

Required - 3 BR, 2.5 Baths and an Office

Wants - 2 master closets, closet entrance from master bath

Kids bath to have a tub and shower. They will never use the tub, however I think we need it for future resale.

Another want is walk in showers with no doors.

Reasons for current draft layout -

One son spends a lot of time in his room and will get the larger room. The other gets the smaller room because he is off to college in a few short years and will likely move to the basement within a year of this build being completed.

Laundry is huge because I don't know where else to store mops, brooms, 2 vacuums, etc.

Kitchen island can definitely move away from the exterior wall more. I had a L shape and the fridge facing the side of the island however it was just to tight.

Master closets are surrounding bathroom to minimize noise to the kids room and so we don't wake each other up getting in and out of our closet. 95% of my clothing is stored in elfa pull out drawers in the closet.

The garage will be under the house and the mud room will also be downstairs with the garage.

I am planning to work with someone on the design next week and would appreciate your input to refine this.

Thank you

Comments (12)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!