SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Home for the Holidays, Ladies Luncheon

christmascandy
10 years ago

The Ladies Luncheon was yesterday at my chu*rch.

This years theme was "Wrapped in Love" and the colors were red and gold.
I was again asked to help with the room d�cor. It turned out that the lady I was supposed to work with, now has a part-time job and 2 young daughters. She did show up to help me put up the decorations on Friday, but the rest was all up to me. I am not complaining as I love doing it, but I will say the housework has fallen by the wayside, LOL

The pre-lit trees belong to the chu*rch, I painted the L O V E letters gold and added glitter and made the red bow topper for the large tree. I also wrapped all the packages and made the bows.
I found foam letters on clearance at Mich*aels, but also had to paint them gold and add glitter them too.

The arrangement on the center package is one I use on my entry table for the holidays. I ended up adding many of my own decorations as I had a limited budget!

The Women's Ministry team made all the desserts, except I have a recipe that makes 5 doz. mini cheesecakes, so I made those.

I decorated 2 tables.

The pink & green one was the one at which I had my family.
I made aprons for everyone and used them as the chair covers.

I found 8 different holiday baking fairy ornaments after Christmas last year, so that started the theme, then I found the pink and green cupcake fabric, and the gorgeous pink and green poinsettias 90% off. So, the table has been emerging since Jan.!!

I alternated pink Sango Home for Christmas plates (.85 ea from GdWl) and 4 of the Holly plates from the 45 pc. set I found at GdWl last year.

The little stockings I used as silverware caddys were also clearance (.19 ea, Michaels last Jan.)

The other table was red and gold with the mercury glass Santa as the CP.

I used gold rimmed stoneware alternated with gold painted Deck the Halls plates.

The gold Holly flatware was what I bought last year from E*Bay.

I swagged red tinsel garland and tied gold bows to use with the swags and gold tinsel garland with red glitter packages around the walls of the room, hung over sized ornies on gold ribbon from the trim around the large windows into the kitchen (the "garage doors" for those windows were closed so the kitchen was not visible), and used my large door wreath on an easel by the sign in table.

Some of the d�cor can be seen on some of the photos, but I didn't take a picture of the wreath or the ornies at the windows.

I got all of the dishes home and washed, but I still need to put everything away.

Happy almost Thanksgiving,
Candy

Comments (15)

Sponsored
More Discussions