SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
renomomma_gw

is this tile job price correct?

renomomma
11 years ago

In the midst of a renovation and builder has been great about issuing credits for parts of the job eliminated (although the credits have been very, very light, which just puts more profit in his pocket). I'm concerned about his lack of experience and familiarity (and particularity with details) and am considering using my own tile guy. the credit he's said he would give me is $5100 - which is what he swears he'd pay his tile guy (who supposedly does high end work in a wealthy suburb in the northeast).

The job consists of: 2 baths - one with a custom steam shower, diagonal bathroom floor tile pattern with border (about 50 sq feet of diagonal), porcelean tile and natural stone accents, stone mosaic backsplash. the other bath - all ceramic tile and one wall of glass tile. Niches in both baths. Lastly a floor tile in the kitchen (about 200 sq ft total) and a kitchen backsplash.

It sounds like he's giving me a ridiculously low credit based on quotes I have gotten from others. any advice on how to deal with this situation?

Comments (8)