SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

AOL Browser all right?

A severely computer challenged friend who doesn't live very close uses AOL Browser. Sometimes I am trying to help her via phone with 'problems'. Since she is using AOL and I'm using FF of course we see different things. I've thought of adding AOL Browser to my computer thinking it might be easier to help her sometimes via phone. Is there any good reason why I shouldn't?

There's no way I can get her to add FF to her computer, or to try using it.

Her latest problems wwere signing up at 2 different sites, Freecycle being one of them, and then setting her personal settings to get all Freecycle replies emailed to her individually. She finally gave me her user ID and password and I went and chnged her settings there as well as at another site.

I think I finally got her straight about not using her first and last name as her 'user' name on sites and suggested that she be the same 'user' everywhere to keep things simple. I 'do' hope to sometime catch up with her at her house to have a little lesson. I hope to show her about having and using folders with her emails, and also about bookmarks/favorites(?) and folders with AOL.

Sue...the blind leading the blind

Comments (7)