SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karenfromknoxville

More ??? for Bill V, Kevin or Stone people

karenfromknoxville
15 years ago

Hi,

Thank you so much for your help. I hate to be so neurotic about this, but I really would hate to ruin my new bathroom. Anyway, here is my question, when I've talked to Aquamix Technical support (at least twice now), they recommend the Aquamix Sealer's Gold (water based sealer) for my marble bathroom. But when I read about their Aquamix Solvent based sealer, it says "superb water resistance". Which is pretty much what you said.

When going to the tile store, I saw my fabricator and asked him which sealer to use in my bathroom. He also stated the water-based Aquamix Gold. When I asked him why, he said that the solvent based would leave streaks on the marble.

I'm guessing that you've used Solvent based sealers on Calcutta Marble withou a problem. Is there a problem or will there be a problem on my marble if I switch from a water based sealer to a solvent based sealer?

Last question (I think!), upon cleaning the bathroom floor I found other grey spots. They were in areas that I probably dripped water getting out of the shower or using the vanity. What would you recommend to get rid of those spots before I seal it? Aquamix suggested a Nanoscrub product they sell. Any thoughts on that?

Also, Custom Builders (the company that makes TileLab) just bought Aquamix. I confirmed this with one of Aquamix's Technical Assistance people.

Thank you very much for all your help!

Karen

Comments (3)