SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
franksmom_2010

The best paper and plastic?

franksmom_2010
13 years ago

After browsing a few of the posts, this is going to sound totally tacky, but we'll be using paper plates and plastic utensils this year for Thanksgiving.

Does anyone have any recomendations on specific brands that are better than others? My shopping choices are Walmart, Target, HEB(grocery), and there's a small party store in town, but I'm not opposed to driving into the city if I need to.

We're hosting the party, and last year there were 20+ guests, and we expect a similar crowd this year. Last year, I used a mix of newer white china and vintage pieces, and vintage silverplate flatware. It was really, really pretty, but it ALL had to be hand washed. Add to that using all vintage linens (which had to be washed and pressed, then spot treated and washed and pressed again,) and I just can't do that again.

I'll still be using the linen tablecloths, but I think what will work best for us is to use disposables for the rest. I'm slowly building a collection of mismatched white dinner plates that can go in the dishwasher, but won't have quite enough for this year's party.

Thanks for any help!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
More Discussions