SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chaparral_gw

Rainhead shower with no door-- will it splash too much?

chaparral
12 years ago

We're building a master bath as part of an addition, and it will include a Lacava freestanding tub and behind this floor to ceiling glass and a walk-in shower with a rain-head in the middle and a hand-held shower on the wall near a corner bench.

The shower area is 5' x 3.5' wide. The entry (without a door) will be on the long end. Most likely the entire bathroom floor will be tiled. We live in Southern California, so not too concerned about the heat loss from having an open end to the shower enclosure.

I've never had a rain-shower head so I don't know what the "splash zone" will be. Anybody have experience with a shower of approximately this size?

We could conceivably extend the shower floor tile another 3.5', but aesthetically I'd rather not.

Unfortunately we didn't learn about the option for a curb-less entry until after the floors were framed. It would be pretty pricy to do it now, because some floor joists would have to be cut down in place.

Any advice / tips would be appreciated. Our contractor is suggesting we put in a door to keep the water in but the architect says "no big deal"...

Thanks in advance!

Here's the layout:

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!