SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ehoops_gw

breakfast nook help (pic)

ehoops
16 years ago

I'm trying to decide if I want to do built in seating along with upper and lower cabinets in our breakfast nook. The nook measures 10'6" wide and 9'6" deep with 10' ceilings. We originally thought we would have a small amount of upper cabinets in our kitchen but as measurements played out it's looking like the only upper cabinet will be above the fridge. I'd like to get more upper storage for glassware, plate racks, etc. I'm thinking of doing a semi-matching set of upper/lower hutch like cabinets on the right and left side of the breakfast nook where it opens to the kitchen (in the picture the hutch/cabinets are would be the 3" rectangles towards the front). Then a built in bench would extend from the cabinets on each end around the bay type windows. The cabinet on the left would be a coffee bar and the one on the right would be for day to day dishes and glassware. I measured out a 45" and a 60" table and the 60" table seems to be the best fit. I think it would only allow for a single chair at the open end of the table.

I'd be curious to know what others think. Functional? Worth the cost? Pro's and con's?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations