SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texashottie

Opinions: these prints in breakfast nook? (Pics)

texashottie
15 years ago

I just bought 3 Italian prints for a few bucks and got them framed. I have some ladies coming over to my house for a fellowship lunch and we'll be sitting in my breakfast nook, which has been the yucky spot in my house.

So here are my questions:

1. Considering the toile on my seats, do you think these prints even go? Does it matter since the seats are mostly under the table?

2. One print is of European buildings, the other a vintage map of SF. Two completely different subjects, but they're framed the same with similar green matting. Do they not belong together?

The reason this nook is difficult for me is because it's the only spot in the house where the parrot cage will fit. He goes in the corner on the right, and the cage is 3 ft. long, 5 ft high. Right now he's enjoying the patio outdoors, but he's got to be able to roll back into place. So it's been a challenge to find something for the nook. The cage dominates the room, and the scale of anything to the left of it has to hold it's own.

Here's my nook. I taped cardboard roughly about the size of the prints up on the wall, and would center them with the pendant. (Excuse my mess)

Okay, and here's the fabric on my chair:

And here are the two horizontal prints close-up:

If you don't think these work here, no sweat. I've got lots of blank walls yet. :)

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County