SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
southerngalinnyc

black granite/ carrara marble console sink? Need help and a push

southerngalinnyc
13 years ago

Hi there,

I CANNOT seem to make a decision on the sink for our 3rd floor tiny guest bath (its less than 40 s.f.) and need some help.

decided on beveled subway tile for the tub/shower (warm grey grout thanks to sage advice on this site) Carrera marble basketweave with black dot on the floor. But am really struggling with the sink...

I am almost positive (;P that I am going with a 30' wide console sink (on a 43' wide wall) with polished nickel legs similar to the Restoration Hardware type. But because of the price want to go with one from Signature Hardware

From tiny 3rd floor guest bath under the eaves

1. Does anyone have any experience with them on this type of sink? The edges seem a bit square. But just saw a similar one in House Beautiful in a bath done by Anne Miller with a polished black top and white undermount sink that I have been obsessing over.

2. I was going to go with carrera marble top until I saw the HB photo and as I mentioned have been obsessing... but I am wondering if it will constantly have water spots... or be too much for the space (the wall is only 43" wide and 24" deep, or be a turnoff to potential buyers with children (its a guest bath for us but the house has 5 bedrooms so could be a child/teen bath for a buyer)

so any advice or push in either direction would be great

3. for some reason the carrera top only comes in 3/4' thick marble white the granite comes in either 3/4' or 1 1/2' thickness. Will the 3/4' be too fragile???

4. Finally I am now also worried that because the pipe for the sink would not be centered on the wall under the sink ( because of the angle of the ceiling and issues with the sconces to be installed), I am also now worried that the console sink will high light this issue. Can you give any advice based on photo 'left wall for sink in the attached link?'

If you are still with me thanks for your patience and advice!

tiny 3rd floor guest bath under the eaves

Here is a link that might be useful: 3rd floor bath under the eaves

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County