SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polkadots_gw

How did you treat the openings between rooms?

polkadots
13 years ago

Hi all. I am hoping to get some opinions and ideas from you. We are going to be building a cape cod/tidewater style house and are working on the final drawings. I am trying to figure out what kinds of openings to do between rooms and into hallways etc. Basically I see the choices as traditional squared cased openings, cased openings that are arched on top, cased openings with transoms above or drywall arched openings (these would have bullnose edges). I am interested in hearing/seeing what you have done and any suggestions you might have. The ceilings will be 9 feet tall. Here is an earlier version of the floorplan. Although some things have changed (kitchen layout, backroom layout) it will give you an idea of the openings I am talking about. I am torn between going completely with the style of the house (square cased openings, maybe some transoms) or trying a few arches. I feel like I could do the drywall arches on the larger openings then pick one of the other options for everything else. Then again I like the square openings when they have significant (but not fancy) trim on them. I'm all over the board...can anyone help? Pictures would be great! The outside of the house will kind of have the feel of the second picture. THANK YOU!

{{gwi:1407642}}

Comments (14)