SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

Decorating for Fall AFBB

Purplemoon
12 years ago

AFBB.....After Finding Big Bin. ;o) The bin not only contained my Fall plates and the few Halloween ones I have, it also has ALL my turkey plates and the two huge, heavy turkey platters I display. And all my ceramic pumpkins. (I foolishly asked my DD "just how many ceramic pumpkins is too many, while telling her what I found. Her reply was "I don't know, how many do you have". Smart a--). Oh, and of course there was MORE floral. As if having it in the 4 green bins was not enough! I should open a store. Then I found some little boxes holding my ceramic small stuff for Fall and Thanksgiving, my cast iron pheasant, my little fall table runner. I sure had forgotten a lot of this stuff, and I had used it LAST year.

So anyway, I had to make some changes in what I'd already done. I redid the bay window. I'd forgotten I had this big, neat wood tray!

{{gwi:1444291}}

I put the table runner under the stacked plates.

{{gwi:1444292}}

and on small kitchen counter by fridge, my plate stand with Fall stuff now.

{{gwi:1444293}}

And I did two of the three built-in bookshelves by the fireplace. (the top shelf already had two of my big pitchers, with whippet handles, and fall hunt scene on them. So I just added foral and a little owl trio figurine. Last Xmas my DDIL got me two little Fall Village houses and some extras since she knew how I love my Xmas village stuff to decorate with. I love the little Fall stuff too now.

{{gwi:1444294}}

I had so much garland, I made the faux ficus tree in my living-room into a Fall tree, LOL. Does it look too weird?(Everyone that comes in the front door for the first time does a double-take thinking this dog is real. Their reaction is funny most of the time)

{{gwi:1444295}}

I'm trying to figure out if I can do anything with this goose. He/She has been stored away for YEARS.

A lady I use to know made ceramics and she was selling these cookie jars, so I ordered one from her for my late

Mom who was doing the country look back then (in the 80's). I never had the heart to donate this goose,so he's just remained stored. I was wondering how he'd look as a Fall decoration, or if I should go ahead and try to find him a "good home" with someone who decorates country. I think he's pretty but I really have no place to put him.

{{gwi:1444297}}

I sure hope I'm DONE for this coming week, tho I need to still figure out what, IF, and how I am doing anything with all my Halloween decor. I may just display my witches, ravens, and black cat stuff....and let my DD

borrow the other if she wants. Tho come to think of it, I'd be using about 2/3rds anyway then. Sheeesh.

Wish I owned the house next door. I could do one room for each Holiday and leave it up ALL year round. Then I wouldn't need storage space either. Sounds like a plan to me!! ;o)

hugs, Karen

Comments (13)

Sponsored
More Discussions