SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
biondanonima_gw

Subway tile border/design questions - ideas please!

biondanonima
16 years ago

I'm remodeling my co-op bathroom (NYC circa 1928), and I was planning to tile floor to ceiling in white subways with a glass mosaic accent strip (or 2), but I fear that may be too modern a look for my pre-war place. So, now I'm thinking that I just want to tile up to the bottom of my windowsill (which is around chest height) and forgo the glass mosaic. I will tile the shower enclosure fully, but I think I want some plain wall available for paint so that I can change out the color if I get tired of it at some point.

Anyway, I'm not sure how to finish the tile - I've looked at some of the chair rail borders, but they're just not what I want, I don't think. I like the pencil type better but I don't know what color to use. I'm planning to use wood-look porcelain in an ebony color on the floor and have an ebony stained vanity with white countertops. Paint will likely be a pale grey-blue or a pale celadon or apple green, at least for the first time around. I'm not sure a black border will work, but I don't know that white would be right either, and committing to a color would defeat the purpose of the flexibility of paint. Argh! Help!!!!!!!!!

Comments (29)