SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
soonermagic

Glass Tile Install - So far so good

16 years ago

Despite major anxiety and apprehension about installing glass tile in our master bath (because of horror stories of terrible glass tile jobs posted on this forum), the install is underway and it looks surprising good so far. I wanted to share my excitment with progress pics. We're combining white subway tile with the glass tile:

The steam shower at a distance:

Shower floor:

Shower ceiling:

Glass Tile Stripe behind pedestal tub (I tried changing the orientation and couldn't get it to stick; sorry!):

Of course, it hasn't been grouted yet and the paper hasn't been removed from the tile, so it'll only get prettier. I am very pleased with the job thus far. The lines are very straight. Despite a significant difference in thickness between the glass and subway tile, they have made the surface completely flush. The drain on the shower floor, too, is completely flush. So far, very good!

The glass tile came from Susan Jablon Mosiacs (an online company). The blend is my own creation, inspired by Jill77's bath but with more blue. I can't wait to post totally completed pictures.

Comments (15)