SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_li

Halloween Tables Part 2

kathleen_li
15 years ago

Wow, lots of posts...great fun..

Here's my last one...hope a few more of you will post yours too!

Next....

Comments (70)

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow, Jane, you said you didn't have many things for Halloween?? Looks like a lot to me!
    And all adorable! I love your masked Jack...so cute..
    Great job, Jane...your cat nap rings and the skeletons on the glasses, cute! I see your pumpkin plates from our fav store!
    Thanks, gals, it was fun...
    Prosperity, love your swag of ghosties and bats too..

I hope I didn't miss anyone...all the tables were so much fun to look at, thanks for the great TREAT!!

• plainjane425
    15 years ago

OA ...blush...blush..thank you for being so sweet to forward my table 'reviews' !! LOL...it was soooo nice and considerate of you... you're a 'keeper'...

Jamie..thanks for the nice compliments, please, don't feel like a slacker...if you don't get to do Halloween, there are plenty of other opportunities coming up that you can plan on.. and it needn't be a 'holiday' one either..

kathleen..as far as not having much Halloween things..Not in the tableware I don't..All of you have so many unique collections for your table settings. Hopefully,one day, I will add to that too. I wondered if you would recognize those pumpkin plates..lol...that's why I've got to go and get some of those cute turkey ones that you have. Gosh, I think we could be 'spam' artists for CTS right here on this site...LOL
    Thanks for this wonderful idea Kathleen..for those who joined in or not, it was fun to see, each day, what others created... Also, it brought out many 'lurkers'..and that was nice too..because now we've made some new friends!
    jane

• Related Discussions

The Last of My Halloween Decs: Part #1

Q

Comments (10)
    Ahhh, lynn...it's been so much fun looking at all your Halloween/Fall decor! Again, those "boots" on the mantle that you posted awhile back...they are so-o-o cute...and that pumpkin you chose is perfect for the fireplace box! Finishes it all off! But like some others have said, your idea to cover your original art works on the walls is so unique & works beautifully! I love your 1st pic...so Halloweeny & fun! My fav pc I haven't seen before is your "pouting ghost" ...reminds me of my littliest GS (when tired & mad) who was here this weekend...can certainly be a charmer with some of those faces...& your lil' ghost is a charmer...ceramic keepsakes pay off! And I love the wine cabinet...so that you have everything at your fingertips for using! The stemware is pretty & the added clings sure fit in right now! Ahhhh, lynn, spooky & fun...you've been busy, woman! TFS & I bet your DD is enjoying this Halloween Haven! Jeanne S.
    ...See More

Part #2: Dining Room & Table

Q

Comments (14)
    Karen, thanks! The "drapes" came in these packages for $1 each at the DS. I found that you really need to shop in mid-to-late September to get the best things there. Prosperity: Thanks! I bought those plain white bread plates at GW for 50-cents each. As for the colors, I have to credit all you here for inspiring me on that. OA: no, I just cut up the plastic door cover/mural and taped the pieces right to the glass that is covering the paintings. Luckily all were watercolors and pastels. I used blue painters tape, but would still be afraid to tape anything directly on an oil painting :~O As for my chargers, they're just cheap plastic ones from HL that I got on sale for $2 each several years ago. I had planned on using the spray paint made specifically for plastic, but their purple was too muddy and muted for what I wanted. To use a regular spray paint, you really need to, first lightly sand them, then use a base coat before the color coat; and finally a clear top coat so that the color doesn't scratch off. Lynne, Jane, Punk, Jeanne & Nana: thanks! DG: I took the sticky stencils that Luvs sent me and, first adhered them where I wanted the designs. I then used a long darning needle to peel up the middle pumpkin body part, leaving the eyes, nose and mouth on the plates. After I pounced them with black glass paint, I peeled up the adhesive eyes, etc. and there were my darling little jack-o-lanterns! (Sorry if those directions are as clear as mud; I'm still a novice at stencils!). As for the things I used to make the napkin rings, I sewed elastic, pulled taut, to the undersides of (approx. 7"), sections of Halloween ribbon. I then hand-sewed them together to make the rings and hot glued these 4" x3" cardboard pieces to them. I bought these wall hangings at TJM back in September (for $7.99 or $5.99), to use for napkin rings. I wanted to make my own one of a kind ones. Here's how they originally came: Luvs: thank you for the lovely compliments and for the stencils! I haven't hemmed the spiderweb tablecloth, but do plan on hemming it today before I pack it away . . . just in case. As for the thought process behind the painting coverings, those SW paintings just took the life out of my Halloween decorated rooms, and I knew I had to cover them up with something. I first looked at wrapping paper, but the patterns were all too small and repetitious. I then looked for inexpensive posters, but these days they all seemed to be cartoons and celebrities. Finally, I ran across several door cover/murals at the DS and knew that this specific one (below) would give me the coverage, variety and semi-realism I wanted. It was only $1, too. As you can see, I pieced it to give me four covers, but needed to use the added on cardboard cut-outs ($1 for all six @ DS!!) to a few of the plainer ones (cat, owl & skull). Well, I hope that I've answered all the questions. Now it's on to Autumn and Thanksgiving! Lynn
    ...See More

Ques..

Q

Comments (2)
    Hi Jane, unfortunately there's no way to change a post, but you can just repost it on the Halloween post. That way it will be where you want it. Now I need to go find it so I can see what you created. ;o) Luvs
    ...See More

Halloween and spare body parts

Q

Comments (20)
    Thanks, Diane, the kids are sure growing, aren't they? Makayla is now officially 3 inches shorter than me, and only 1/2 an inch shorter than my Mother. It's crazy, and Bud is going to be bigger than all of us, I think! Dcarch, I don't have an age cut off for trick or treaters, I figure you're never too old for free candy. (grin) Rusty, the brains are made with a silicone ice cube mold. I just melted some pink Wilton candy melts, smeared it up the sides of the mold, let it set, filled it up with cake, then smeared some more candy on top (bottom?) to seal it. Let it sit for a few minutes to get firm and pop it out of the silicone mold. Voila! Brains. The only problem is that the mold only makes 4, so you have to repeat the process as many times as it takes, so it gets a bit time consuming. Sharon, Makayla looks more like her mother all the time, it's always kind of surprising to me. Yes, things have changed a lot in the last 11 years or so, haven't they? Makes me kind of soppy too..... Heck, Ashley was only 14 then, now she's out of college, married, working, has two kids. Dad was still alive and so was the WonderWeiner. (sigh) And I was still married to the ex, so good and bad, LOL. Where has time gone? Annie
    ...See More
  • mo13
    15 years ago

Slinkey,
    Really like your skeleton hugging the glasses - thats a cool idea. And the big masked Jack o lantern is really cute.

Here is my Halloween table - I don't have much Halloween stuff either so I had to do some hacks on some other things I already had but I enjoy doing that so I cant complain. LOL

{{gwi:1442649}}

{{gwi:1442650}}

{{gwi:1442651}}

Details - The runner is an old skirt my mom made for me but that never looked right when I wore it so I took it apart with ideas of sewing a better fitting skirt that I havent gotten to yet. That big frosted thing is an ice bucket was a centerpiece at our company party and got it for free. I just painted the web on it. I should have waited until I could get to the store to get black glitter! The black candleholder is from Ikea that I was using elsewhere in the house. The fabric pumpkins and gourds I made last year. The ghost candleholders are Fitz and Floyd DH actually found for 2$ at Macy's a couple of years ago during xmas time. :)

The little white plates I got at the japanese dollar store. And I made the napkins from a goodwill fabric - cost all of 50c. Yay! I bought that black rose from Walmart, votive candles and the wine charm'ish' things from Michaeals. Prob more detail than needed. LOL. I have been trying to think of the layers in Judith's post - not entirely successful, of course. Any suggestions/critique always welcome.

• bettyd_z7_va
    15 years ago

Pros,
    Great job working with what you could get. I love your spooky garland. And the curtains really set off everything nicely.

Sandi,
    Pink and black,you go Girl!

Jane,
    What a collection. The table is great. Love the bandit pumpkin head, and the skeletons around the glasses are precious.

I have 2 large outdoor plug in plastic pumpkins and 3 small ones. That is the extent of my pitiful Halloween collection.
    I'll try harder next year.
    Betty

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Slinkey, glad you got your table over here with the others, and that was so sweet of OA to bring over all the compliments as well.

Mo, your table looks really nice too. Love those cute ruffled plates and the ghost candle holder. The bucket turned out great, what did you use to make the cobweb look?
    I am just so impressed with all this table decorating talent!

Luvs

• tamgypsy
    15 years ago

Jeeez ladies...I have a hard enough time keeping up with all of you and now all of you are on a Halloween table marathon!!!!
    I've looked at Part 1 and Part 2 over and over and copied all of the files into my inspirational folder. Every single one of your tables is just amazing. Earlier in the week I thought I'd be able to comment on each and every one of them individually but I fell a few days behind and I'd be writing a book now - repeating the same sentiments to each of you: Such a creative and talented group of people...y'all are awesome!!!!!!
    Our inspirational Album will be bursting at it's seams in no time - all I can say is WOW!!!
    I can't get over how every table is so very different and how many cool ideas you all had.
    I'm looking forward to the Thanksgiving Tables from you.

• donnawb
    15 years ago

Wow, some amazing and fabulous tables.

Kathleen, Love the black & white table. Love the witches hats and the witch candles. Love, love, love the white pumpkins and the napkins just sets it off.

Prosperity, Love your garland, my kids would love that.

Sandi, never saw a pink halloween display and now I can think of all the possibilities. My dd (10) came by as I was looking at that one and she said "wow, that is my kind of party".

Slinkey, I commended on the other thread but I do have to say again that I just love the big jack o lantern.

Mo, you did a great job on your table also and I love the ghost candle holder. They didn't have much halloween stuff here either this year.

• plainjane425
    15 years ago

Mo..I love the 'history' of your table pieces. Great buy with those candle holders. Also, I'm a sewer and love your stuffed pumpkins..they are really cute. Clever idea with the ice bucket w/spider web. I think the silver looks good. It has a shimmery effect. Your napkins & dishes work really well with everything..and the touches of orange, make it pop! Glad you got to do your table in time.
    jane

• prosperity66
    15 years ago

Hi ladies,
    Thanks for your kind comments :-)

I finally also found the last Happy Halloween garland at the supermarket - we've been waiting for three weeks after their Halloween stuff and they finally had very few things.

And also a head I hanged in the dining room. Unfortunately, no white ball to make the ghost :-( will have to find another way to make it.

Also, in the supermarket, I saw a glass just like Slinkey's unfortunately there was only one of them so, I didn't bought it.

MO13, I like your ghost candelabra!

Sandi, you've made a GREAT job with your items; it's funny this pink Halloween!

Kathleen, I love the little hats on your table as well as your flying witch!

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Mo, so glad you joined in! It was fun wasn't it!

Betty, tomorrow or the next day if you can, I know you are busy, hit the stores..cheap!!! You will have your table for next year...

Jane, I know..Tam and I used to talk about CTS all the time, Kareen too I think has one...now you. A group of groupies! LOL Did you see the new ad? I am checking out the Family tomorrow. If they are decent I will get 3 boys and a girl, like my gkids, and the parents..

Here's the latest flyer, not a big one though!

Here is a link that might be useful: New CTS flyer

• jamie_mt
    15 years ago

Prosperity, you can make a ghost simply by stuffing newspaper or whatever you have on hand into an old white sheet or fabric, and tying it to make a "neck". Probably too late, but just in case... :-)

Tonight, I finally reclaimed my table from the "party mess"...I was just too inspired by all of you to let it go another day (and I was afraid friends might stop by tomorrow night trick-or-treating w/their kids, and see that it was still a mess)!

So I draped the pirate flags from our treasure hunt over to make a tablecloth, added a pair of candleholders w/skull lights (they flash), and the bones/chain we had in the bathtub (didn't know what else to do with it until we tear down this weekend). A bit of creepy cloth and a leftover bandana, and my table was looking much happier. :-) It also used the items that were just sitting around because their time was "over" - bonus!

Here's a shot of the dining room, so you can see my space (I'm standing in my living room):

And a close-up of the centerpiece:

Then I was putting serving dishes away from the party (finally), and had to move the red chargers I bought earlier this fall. I remembered all your tables, and decided to give it a go. Here's what I came up with:

And a closeup of the simple setting (extra bandanas as napkins):

I didn't have anymore bandanas, so stopped there...but it was great fun, and I look forward to doing a more "elaborate" Thanksgiving setting. Thanks for all the inspiration! :-)

• yachter123
    15 years ago

Kathleen, you just blew me away AGAIN! I show hubby all your tables & he says "where does she store all the dishes?"!
    It's beautiful, as are all your tables!

Prosperity, I'm sorry your stores do not carry much for holidays, as I can see how much you are enjoying decorating your home! I love the pic with the lights out, it really looks spooky for your party!

Sandi, that is a great idea to show all your supplies before & then the table assembled after! It is like a tablescape lesson! You are so inventive, pink & black!!

Slinky, for just winging it, with your "few" decorations, you are too modest, plus you have a ton of decorations. I think your table looks fabulous & you have some unique little scary people too!

Mo, you have black & white plates too, I knew I should have bought that whole stack of white plates at the garage sale for $2.00! The ice bucket with the spider web was a great idea, like how the candle shows thru & shows off the web!

My biggest problem is I've taken over almost every shelf in the basement & have no more room for more plates or much of anything else for that matter. I really do need white plates though!! UGH!!

I have found alot of inspiration from these two Halloween table threads, I hope Karen has saved all these in an album, haven't had time to look yet (calling KAREN!! LOL)

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

"Karen" is trying to keep up, LOL. And redo some of our albums. So y'all have kept me busy since I didn't do a table myself. I'll add some of these latest pix tomorrow.

hugs,K

• Sandi_W
    15 years ago

mo, I love your table and the details of everything is an added bonus and gives a good description of using items gathered from elsewhere to set the table. I love your fabric pumpkins and gourds. I keep telling myself that I just have to make some.

jamie, That is a great table. And using your goodies twice. I love it when I multi-purpose (is that a word? LOL). And I love the red white & black theme that OA & you used. Got me thinking which is always trouble.

dd, My GD is 10 and lives in another state. I hope by next Halloween to be living there and can't wait to set all the special tables for her.

I think orange & black (& white) just screams "Halloween". With or without Halloween accessories.

Thank you to everyone who has posted tables, ideas, decos and compliments on others' tables. This has been a lot of fun and I've gotten so many good ideas.

• mo13
    15 years ago

Thanks for all the lovely comments ladies! Kathleen, it was a lot of fun to do but it took me a long time to come up with some way of using mostly what I already have. I am saving to shop after the season, like you pros. :)

Luvs, I used the silver glitter that comes in a bottle with a tip. I think I got it at Joann.

Prosperity, this is probably too late for you this year but the link below has how-to to make a halloween garland. It looks simple and easy to make.

Slinkey, I love to 'meet' other people who sew. The people I know in real life are surprised when I say I sewed something and I have to really explain how sewing works! :)

Yatcher, um, those are really the only colors I had until I saw this forum. Actually, I have bought more dishes in the last two months than I ever have. LOL

Sandi - Gathered items out of necessity, in my case. :) And I really enjoyed your before and after. Like OA, I kept going back and forth to see them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Halloween garland

• Sandi_W
    15 years ago

This is my last table for this year. I lit all of the candles, but you can't tell with the flash.

• jamie_mt
    15 years ago

I love it, Sandi (and thanks!)! Painting cans...what a great idea! And those jack-o-lantern plates are just darling too.

I need more stemware. I just love those black goblets...

• plainjane425
    15 years ago

kathleen..thanks for the heads up on the new CTS flyer...I'm heading over their Sun, on my back from a Christmas Flea Mkt .. am I bad or what?? lol

jamie..love how you recycled your party decos for your table..You had all the right elements to put it together and you did a great job.. love the flag for the table and the bandanas..nice touch..

sandi..what can I say..you are too clever girl!! Love the painted jack o cans and those plates are the cutest and don't want to leave out - those darling napkin holders..Did you make those little faces? ..great last table...
    jane

• mo13
    15 years ago

Sandi - Love the cans idea. I might have to make some for next year. You are very creative.

Jamie - I liked the bandannas as napkins idea. I saw some goblets (in red, though) at Kohl's last week.

You know, before I started reading this forum, I didnt even know there was a Marshalls and Ross nearby and I had never gone into a Kohls store or a dollar store! :) Now, I am forever going to one of these stores. Fortunately, or unfortunately, they are all within 10 min drive from my work.

Mo

• bettyd_z7_va
    15 years ago

Mo, I love that you told us all of the details. It made me look harder at everything. Judith has taught us so much about creativly using what we have. What a deal on those ghost candleholders,and they are so cute.
    You are so lucky to have a Marshalls close by. My DH is lucky I don't have one close by! It is my absolute favorite store. Make sure you post pics of your after season deals.

Kathleen,I will get up early and zip through the things I have to do so I can hit the stores.

Jamie,I love those dishes.

Sandi, there's no stopping you when you get a can of paint in your hand! I love that table. I will have to do some of those myself with the grandkids next year.

Happy Halloween Everyone and as the song goes "Thank you for being a Friend".
    Betty

• Sandi_W
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone, but I can't take credit for being creative. I saw a magazine many, many years ago about painting tin cans for different holidays and have done some off & on. Earlier this year Luvs posted a link about the jack o lantern cans so my interest was renewed. Thanks for the link, Luvs. And speaking of Luvs and painting cans...she has done of the cutest cans for Christmas that I've ever seen. I hope she will post those pics again this year.

Jane, I made the napkin rings out of a paper towel rolls & painted them black so I could get a funky look. The little jack o lanterns on the napkin rings are 1/2 walnut shells painted orange. I used a black paint pen to paint the faces. Guess how many walnuts I had to crack to get 4 whole halves? LOL

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Wow! Sandi, you sure were in the tablesetting mood for this holiday. Bet the teenager at your house really loved them!

I've always enjoyed doing the painted cans,good way to recycle and have fun creating something cute-- BUT never would have thought to do a table with them like you did. Very creative.

You sure found some nice fabrics to use for your "themes" this year. Great idea to use those and just add pieces to go with the design. Your napkins are so pretty and you did a really nice job on the napkin rings--very clever using the walnut halves, now you can make some fudge or something good with the insides. And your happy faced little pumpkin plates are just so cute. Another fun table, great job!

Luvs

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'll be back to comment on all those I missed. We were gone all day, and my computer is giving me fits..photobucket won't let me post..only sporadically!

As you can see!!! It is lighting up when I highlight it, but then nothing?
    Ayone have any fix it ideas??

Later..

• dining_delight
    15 years ago

Mo, I was so intrigued by the first pic you posted with the candles giving an eery glow in the dark setting, looks "spooky"! Your tablescape turned out great! I really like your centerpiece idea, is the frosted container up on a "pillow" or is it just more fabric around it - looks terrific! Isn't it crazy how much time we can spend just setting a table? And I think it is a true testament to your creativity when you can use things you already own rather than rushing out to buy them - of course, sometimes we really NEED to buy things!

Jamie, I'm so glad you got to do a Halloween tablescape - YOU of all people with your MANY Halloween items, just HAD to fit one in! LOL! And you did a terrific job. Your centerpiece of the skull & crossbones and shackles to the other candlesticks looks really "scary"! and the dishes (love the square red ones on top!) and bandanas as napkins you used with it looked great. Wonderful!

Sandi - how many tables have you done? FANTASTIC! I especially like this one as I find the orange and black so striking! Although you say you found the tin can idea in a magazine, you actually went ahead and made them - that is MAJOR in my opinion and you did a great job. I really like your tablecloth and it ties in so well! Your dishes are cute and the black goblets and candlesticks add a touch of elegance.

I want to THANK EVERYONE who posted pics and commented on this Halloween thread, part 1 & 2 and espec to Kathleen for starting it. It has been so fun checking in everyday to see what new tablescapes were being created! So much talent out there!

P.S. Sure hope you computer probs get fixed Kathleen!

DD

• plainjane425
    15 years ago

Sandi...I would have loved to work with you when I was doing Arts & Crafts with my kids at school..I think you would have been alot of fun to work with..Love the idea of the paper towel holders AND the walnut shells...I can just imagine how many you had to crack!! lol...I did lots of Turkeys and Columbus Ships using walnut shells!!

kathleen..hope you get that worked out..that can be really frustrating...DH's laptop has been on the fritz for a few days..and we just don't have time to stop to figure it out... So, hopefully you will have better luck..
    jane

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Walnut shells! Used to use them for the faces of Pilgrims for place mats, kids had to draw on the features and then make paper doll type outfits for them..
    And how about the pine cone turkeys...think I still have one of those..lots of crafts done in 33 yrs with the elem kids. Glitter and glue galore!

Sandi, how creative with the cans. And very patient too! The table is adorable. Love your orange bandanas for naps !
    And are those our Pier One black glasses??

Jamie, good reinvention of your party things. I love those small red plates...where did you get them??

I had one more pic to post, but I am not having success with Photobucket. I joined flickr , but I can't figure out how to get them here after I downloaded them...I don't see any urls listed..
    If you never hear from me again, you'll know why, LOL!

• Sandi_W
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone. I love, love, love holidays. I love doing crafts, but I'm not really good at most of them. I just have a lot of fun.

Yes, Kathleen, those are our Pier 1 glasses. PW calls them Chalices because they are so big. Hopefully photobucket will get their site fixed. You certainly can't disappear from here. ;~)

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes, and if turn them upside down you can dispay things on them!
    That was really a lot of fun, Ladies! Halloween lends itself to whimsy or elegant as Tam did..

Judith, I notice your absence. No Halloween table for you?
    I guess you are on Christmas already! I said that to dh today. I am not doing Thanksgiving here, so I should start getting ready for Christmas! Though I think I would be sick of looking at it so long!

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sandi just pointed out that I didn't post this one, I thought I had!
    This is my version of a Candy Corn table. I need to find more things to go with it though. The floating candles I got after Halloween in a Party goods store. They are sometimes a good source for sales on little things for the table..

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Want to extend my thanks and appreciation to each of you also. Your tables were fantastic, and I was especially impressed that some of you did multiple tables! Great job!

Since I am not really into orange, and didn't have any orange dishes, I thought I had nothing to do a Halloween table with--but after seeing all your photos, I now realize that other colors like black, white, red,pink, green, etc. could also be used for really great Halloween tables. I promise I'll do better next year and try to come up with at least one Halloween table to share. ;o)

Luvs

• dining_delight
    15 years ago

Kathleen, those candy corn candles are great! And nice to see another table just when we thought they were over! Could you use real candy corn candy as a decorative item somehow, a glass vase/jar filled with it as a centerpiece? Great way to fold the napkins too!

Luvs, we WILL remember you PROMISED to do a table next year and we will hold you to it......or else!

DD

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, DD. Yes, I thought of that..but couldn't get any! Not many stores here had it...only wrapped candy...Next year..good that I didn't get it though, the less to eat! :)
    I also have a great sugar cookie you make in layers in a loaf pan and cut in triangles and it looks like candy corn. That's in the plan book for next year, si Dios quiere!
    So I used a white charger, yellow dinner and pumpkin salad for the 3 colors.....
    I will be on the look out this week for things to add and put them away..

Gobble, gobble, turkey is up next!

• Sandi_W
    15 years ago

Kathleen, I love your candy corn table. You always find the some of the cutest stuff at the best prices. I love how you tucked the candy corn in the napkin. And I agree with DD, some real candy corn in a glass vase (or any other little container) would look cute on your table. You could even add some black licorice sticks like the mouths on the plates. I know you'll find some more great stuff for next year's tables.

I wish OUR stores hadn't had so much candy corn. I've bought it, eaten it, and bought more to display in a pumpkin jar and eaten it too. I love it.

• oldalgebra
    15 years ago

Kathleen and Sandi, your tables are going into my own personal Inspiration Album. Great ideas.
    Sandi, did you do some sponge painting on the cans? What color appears to be on top of the orange?
    OA

• Sandi_W
    15 years ago

OA, I spray painted the cans inside with flat black, then spray painted the outside with a pumpkin colored spray paint from Walmart, then sponged a dull rooster red over top then painted the faces and sealed with a flat sealer. Easy, easy. The can have little holes all around the faces so candlelight will show through. Here's the link for directions, but I didn't do all of the painting steps they did.

http://www.krylon.com/projects/holiday-seasonal/luminaries/index.jsp

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Sandi and OA. I love those big corn candles! I hope I can find some more...

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Wow! Another cute table Kathleen. At first glance, I thought the floating candles in the glass were a fancy cocktail like Sandra Lee! ;o) They are so cute, and you had the perfect plates to go with it all.

Luvs

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, Luvs..actually I use that ped glass to make Death by Choc for a few rather than the big triffle dish...

• plainjane425
    15 years ago

cute table Kathleen..adorable floating candles...gives me a sugar rush just looking at them!!
    jane

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, Jane!
    Went to the tree again Fri on the way in to our gkids. Got some more of the white bowls, marked down to 1.99!

• mo13
    15 years ago

Kathleen, I do think that candy corn is my fav - simple and cute. And the plates are cute too.

Sandi - I could only tell they were walnut shells after you told us. Very nice.

Dining Delight - that stand under the frosted centerpiece is a wooden scrabble box! LOL... thankfully, DH does not know the fabric hides his nice scrabble set! Oh, I think I made up for the shopping this weekend. :)

Mo

• jamie_mt
    15 years ago

LOL Mo - I use game boxes and such too for "stands". They're just sitting there anyways...

Kathleen, I love the Candy Corn - and those napkins with the treat tucked inside are just darling!

My red square plates are from Home & Garden Party...I am an incurable catalog shopper, and hate to actually go to stores unless I absolutely have to. I have a party for my rep every year, and she gives me good deals the rest of the year too. :-)

• judithva
    15 years ago

Wow, what great photos from everyone! I so enjoyed looking quickly thru them, I hope to have a bit more time this week in the evening (IF my wireless lets me connect...I hate the "ons and offs that I have been dealing with! - it almost feels like "dial-up") :(

• prosperity66
    15 years ago

mo13
    Thanks for the link, will screenshoot the page and keep it on my computer for next year!

sandi_w
    Will also screenshoot your painted cans: for me, not for my site ;-)))

• Sandi_W
    15 years ago

If I could afford it, I would move to where they have CTS. What good deals you all get.

I have to say I throughly enjoyed the Halloween tables. Not only setting tables myself, but especially seeing everyone else's creations. I don't have as much for other holidays, but look forward to enjoying yalls.

• gasuz
    15 years ago

Great tables all! So who is going to start a thread for Thanksgiving tables and Christmas tables (yea I am already planning ahead....lol)

gasuz

• kathleen_li
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Gasuz...plenty of time for Christmas. I think my family would think I was nuts if they had to sit down to Cmas settings now!
    And yes, we will do a Tgiving/Autumn thread...
    And don't forget the BIG Holiday Forum "Flake Off", :) starting Dec 1. Look at DG's snowflake glass thread and the one adressed to Judith re her snowflake table for more info!
    Hope you will join in!

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

I had wondered where you were Judith, since you hadn't chimed in on this thread earlier. So weren't you really impressed with all your "students"? They really shared some impressive and unique tables on this thread. Luvs

• judithva
    15 years ago

Luvs, those ladies stand on their own without me I would not dream of taking any teaching credit, they have always done great tables, and of course a bunch of the newbies have great talent too as I mentioned above. Most everyone here really doesn't need any "teaching" from me LOL

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Judith, I just meant weren't you impressed with every table posted? Such fun items and the way they carried out a "theme". They all did a wonderful job of following the concepts YOU had shared with us about carrying the colors throughout the table and "thinking outside the box". Very creative ladies, and so much fun too!

And you do get credit for having posted your beautiful stacked plates and tablescapes and getting all of us interested in doing our own and sharing them with each other on here. ;o) Luvs

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH
More Discussions