Houzz Logo Print
thirdfrt

Irfanview and AdAware Questions

thirdfrt
14 years ago

Hi everyone,

To begin with I have WindowsXPSP3

I downloaded Irfanview and have version 4.23

I noticed that they have version 4.25 and I was wondering if I have to remove version 4.23 before I download version 4.25 or will the new version write over the older version?

Finally does anyone here have the 4.25 version and if you do what differences are there? Will I still be able to resize my pictures like I have been doing with version 4.23 or did they make any changes to that?

Next: I downloaded AdAware about 8 months or so ago and I have noticed that when I start up my computer I get a red shield that pops up from my firewall. In other words it is telling me that I am not protected, it stays like that for a couple of minutes and then turns on. I have been thinking about removing AdAware because I suspect that it may be causing this problem.

The reason I am suspecting AdAware is because my son is experiencing the same problem and the only thing that we have in common on our computers is that we both have AdAware. He has WinXPSP3 also. We do not have the same Antivirus either. If I remove AdAware from my Add/Remove programs will that be all that I need to do, will it remove all of AdAware, that includes all files?

Thank you so much for all of your help. I really appreciate it.

thirdfrt!!!

Comments (14)