SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kwb1999_gw

Need help selecting tile for shower floor

kwb1999
14 years ago

I am looking for suggestions regarding what tile to use on the floor of our shower enclosure in our small master bath. We are using a 13 x 13 gray/white porcelain tile (looks like marble) on the bathroom floor, and 3 x 6 subway white on the walls. For an accent on the walls (maybe about 3/4 of the way up), we're thinking of using 2 rows of a long thin (like 6' x 1/2" or so) gray glass tile followed by a white chair-rail tile; other than that the entire shower wall would be the white subway tile with a light gray or silver grout.

Now we just need something for the shower floor. I'd like to stay with something that compliments the gray and white color palette; unfortunately, the 13 x 13 in tile we selected for the floor does not come in a smaller size, and I'm worried about the expense associated with having our contractor cut it down. Our contractor suggested something in the 4 x 4" or 6 x 6" size laid on a diagonal. I'm fine with this--maybe in a solid gray tile--but not sure if it would work with what we've already selected. I've also seen showers done with dark gray stones and like this contrast, but I'm afraid we would get tired of it, and I am not sure if it would work with the more classic, traditional style we are going for. Any suggestions? Our bathrooms is pretty tiny, and I don't want to have so many different tiles that it gets overwhelming!

Thanks so much for your help and ideas! This is the first real remodel we've done, and I am so nervous that it won't turn out well!

Comments (4)