SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jillianfl

HELP Subway tile shower, marble hex floor but what for shower floor?

jillianfl
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

After reading the scary posts about marble hex being a no no at least for shower floor, I have been successfully scared away from it. I don't trust the installers (who are subs of our builder) and I'm far away and can't oversee what they are doing. I have also read bad reviews on their install work, so don't trust them to do it right with the dangers of it. My original plans were to do marble hex over entire bathroom floor and shower floor, with white 4x8 subway for shower tile and tub surround (it has to be tile surround for tub they won't do anything else). So I am desperate to find a new idea for a shower floor instead of marble hex!?! Ideally, I'd like to keep the marble hex on the bathroom floor itself because I don't think they can screw that up that bad since there won't be a drain/ wet issue, but I need a new material by tomorrow for the shower floor itself! I feel like 3 different tiles would be a design no no, I'd have to go white tile for shower floor I think but should it be mini subway like 2x4 or white small hex, same size as the real marble on floor or would that look stupid? It's a craftsman lite home lol so I like the idea of some modern and some classic things mixed in, and I really was hoping for marble hex floors for the bathroom for that look but I definitely don't want it for shower floor itself now... I could give up and do like 12x24 porcelain carrara look for all floor tile but I just feel like faux will ruin the look for me when I had my heart set on the marble hex and I like the multi tones of the hex vs just the mostly white/ slight gray for the porcelain... Desperate for shower floor advice!! PLEASE HELP haha :) photos below are bath photos I like and I would do similar wall colors but haven't decided which (bottom photo is more powdery blue violet - i would do a grayer blue for mine) Also, we will have an alcove shower, separate tub (but not claw foot or anything it will have the 4x8 surround also) and white double vanity with msi carrara vincenza quartz top (mostly white with super light grey no black or dark grey in it)

Midway House · More Info

Minneapolis Victorian Bathroom Remodel · More Info

Comments (2)