SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandy808

Skirted Versus Non-Skirted Toilets

sandy808
12 years ago

We are in the process of selecting toilets for our new house and are looking for just a basic toilet that actually flushes. There seem to be complaints about them all but the American Standard Cadet 3 seems to have excellent reviews, and offer both skirted and non-skirted versions.

I feel that many toilets are overpriced and over gimmicked, which I have an ethical issue with.

The skirted look like they would be the easiest to clean....at first glance. When looking into the specs on the various brands of skirted toilets, they have open backs behind the skirt. This does not appear to me to be a great thing. You can't exactly move the toilet out to clean in there, and who would want to anyway. Sooner or later, the crud would get back in there. The American Standard skirted does not look like it fits snugly against the wall behind the skirted portion.

We did see a Kohler that fit closer to the wall, but we haven't been impressed with Kohler toilets.

Please share your experiences with the skirted toilets and the cleaning issues associated with them, as we need to get them very soon.

Thanks in advance!

Sandy

Comments (42)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!